Why Use a Buyer Broker?
Buyer Brokers are FREE to the buyer, and will exclusively represent your interests.
As such, only we can advise you. We will assist you with an offer strategy, help you find pricings, prepare the offer and supporting documents, negotiate and share all information available. Where as having a “Dual Agent” or “No Agent” cannot do any of this, by law.
As your agent I will...
- Negotiate a property at the most favorable price for you
- Guide you, step-by-step through the home buying process: from now until your move, and beyond. I provide annual market reviews, real estate news & trends, and invitations to community events
- Work with you to identify properties that meet your specific needs
- Find houses that aren’t on the open market yet or at all
- Offer knowledge of the housing market
- Apply expert negotiating skills from decades of professional experience
- Have a legal and ethical responsibility to represent your best interest at all times
- Safeguard any confidential information you disclose
- Provide other resources such as mortgage brokers for pre-approval, attorneys, home inspectors, etc...
- Respond to all of your inquiries and requests in a timely manner. (Via email, SMS text, phone call, etc.)
- Offer electronic signatures for contracts, you will not need to be present to sign
One of the first steps towards buying a home is getting financially “pre-approved.” This process will identify the maximum sale price you are eligible to borrow. It is necessary to have when soliciting an offer.
The outcome of this process is a “pre-approval letter,” obtained by working privately with a lender. Receiving pre-approval does not obligate you to use him/her for your loan. However, during the buying process you will want to have a lender who you trust to work with you, as they can be a helpful resource.
- Ask for the maximum price you can afford to spend on a new house. (Ask for the assumptions re property taxes, and assessments if applicable.)
- Pinpoint the amount you’re comfortable spending. Ask lender for sales price range given your objectives per month on housing expenses. (Consider mortgage payments, insurance, taxes, and assessments if applicable)
- Ask the lender, once you are ready to submit an offer, how quickly will they be able to give you a “pre-approval letter” Will you be able to reach them on the weekends as well?
- Ask for any special products / incentives that you may benefit from.